National Service Manager
This global company provides Field Service Support for a wide range of products including universal OD/ID grinders, ID grinders, Radius, taper and sphere grinders, Vertical grinders, CNC surface grinders for large capacity heavy industry applications, horizontal lathes and vertical lathes in the North America market.
They manufacture stock spare parts and staff factory trained sales and service technicians for their products.
The parent company is one of the largest European machine tool builders with manufacturing facilities throughout Europe. Their plants are located in Spain, England and Germany where they manufacture a large variety of high quality grinding and turning machines that are equipped with some of the most advanced cutting edge technologies.
The Service Manager will oversee the operation of the service and spare part department and will report to the General Manager/President of the company. Bilingual would be a plus. The main tasks to be performed in this position are:
- Build and Develop a market for Service Work as the responsible for service department profits.
- Supervise and control work load of service technicians scheduling and prioritizing service work.
- Quote service work, machine evaluation work, preventive maintenance work, customer training work and upgrade work. Develop service promotion programs.
- Follow up with customers on completed jobs and handle customer complaints.
- Supervise Spare Part Manager.
- Supervise training of service technicians.
- Draft department sales and operating budget.
- Prepare invoicing information for Office Manager for prompt invoicing.
- Control personal/vacation/sick days for Service Department personnel
- Maintain service archive and service tools.
Ideally the company is searching for someone with a grinding background but we will consider a person with other machine tool experience. Previous service management experience is a plus. They will be looking for people with the following skills:
- Organizational ability/skills
- Knowledge of service processes
- Leadership skills to delegate and assign service jobs
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- International experience
- Mechanical, electrical and electronic skills.
- Availability to travel within the US and outside the US
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Team player